Github is a Git repository hosting service that can add features by itself. Basically, Git is a command-line tool where you can get a web-based graphical interface.
It has many helpful features and access control capabilities. One of the best features of Github is Wikis and basic task management tool which can be used for every project.
You can get software packages for hosting in GitHub Package Registry. This package helps you to store your packages as well as your code.
It allows you to host privately as well as publicly. The best part is that you can use them as per the needs of your project.
Get to Learn About GitHub Package Registry
GitHub Package Registry is a service that manages package. This package has three main goals and the services are easy to navigate.
By using the GitHub Package registry you can enhance its productivity efficiently. However, you can use the GitHub Package Registry for various reasons. Check the points below for more information.
- Moreover, Several software package types can be hosted in one registry.
- With Github authentication, access is possible. For your application code and packages, you can use the same credentials and permissions.. Both visibility and permissions associated with the repository are being inherited into GitHub Packages.
- GitHub packages inherit the permissions of the repository. Apart from that, you do not have to manage any third-party solutions for your system.
- Github Package Registry is available in limited -access beta and within this period of time, it can be used for both private and public packages without any cost.
- GitHub Package registry is a great choice for setting up webhook events.
- You can customize the publishing and post-publishing workflows by GraphQL and webhook support included in this GitHub Registry.
- Additionally, GitHub provides analytics for maintainers as well.
- Microsoft gives back up to Github’s registry which ensures ongoing maintenance.
Advantages Of Using GitHub Package Registry
GitHub has launched GitHub Package Registry which has some awesome features. Let’s plunge into this section to get full details and advantages of using GitHub Package Registry.
- GitHub Package Registry focuses on the back-end hosting infrastructure.
- You do not need to learn much about GitHub Package Registry as it has a familiarity factor at play. Also, Developers are familiar with GitHub ubiquity.
- With GitHub Package Registry, users from all over the world can get a consistent and fast network experience. The analytics dashboards of GitHub helps developers to understand the sources of downloads.
- Users can find many proprietary products in this GitHub Package which the public can not see.
- In this package, only one hosting provider is enough. Coders do not need various providers. It means the developer can publish several language versions of the same package.
- By this GitHub Packages, you can use the same secure login for your code and packages.
- Global CDN is the base of this package and it delivers great performance.
- It helps in extending your workflows with full API support.
- In this package registry, you can learn about package contents, download statistics, version history, etc. Overall you can get information on the entire full package insights.
Overall GitHub Package Registry is similar to other hosting services like npmjs.org, rubygems.org.and hub.docker.com. It uses README in your repository which helps in generating the package’s description. By using this package you can easily publish public and private packages.